Friday, June 3, 2011

Get Me to the Greek

As I write this, there is approximately 206 days,  19 hours, 2 mins, and 24 seconds until I will be on a plane headed toward the city of athens, some 5,000 miles away from Kansas City. I am going to Greece, not as a vacation but for a missions trip. My church supports a refugee feeding center there and we will be helping out there. Traveling that far away isn't cheap so I have been baking for trip. At my school I handed out bake sale forms and people turned them in with their money and I returned to them with baked goods. I did nearly a full day worth of cooking for just the people at my school. And when I say full day, I mean I was baking for nearly 24 hours. It was completely worth it though. I made 225 from sales at school, and more from friends and family. And don't worry, while i am over there I will be sure to take many pictures, and write about all the delicious food too.

2 comments:

  1. Did you take any pics of all your baked goods? Id love to see them! Im so excited for you for your trip! It will be life changing and I know Greece will be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! I will be putting up a [post towards the end of the summer with lots of pics! I am so very excited, and don't worry-lots of pictures and posts will come about from going to Greece.

    ReplyDelete